About the Toronto Fringe:
The Toronto Fringe is part of the “Fringe movement” – a worldwide network of indie theatre festivals. As the name suggests, the movement is about celebrating under-represented voices and those on the margins of the performing arts world. It’s a festival where anyone can put on any show, without having to pass through a jury – where emerging artists can get their big break, and where established artists can test out new work.
Want to be part of Fringe 2017?
Dancers are welcome in the Fringe. Your first step is to apply to the Fringe Lottery. It costs $28.50 and takes about 5 minutes to do. You don’t even need to know anything about your show yet! And if you get in, staff will guide you through the producing process step-by-step, offering free seminars, handbooks, and best practices. You will be connected with members of the media, your venue will be booked for you, and the Fringe will even run your box office.
Other perks that come with Fringe:
- (NEW!) Access to a brand new Artist Hub where you can congregate and get work done
- (NEW!) A relationship with an Artist Liaison who will help answer your questions
- Access to the Fringe Performer Pass, where you get tickets at a discounted price
- Access to new audiences, through our various outreach programs
- A presence on the website, social media and printed materials
- Support from house managers, volunteers and box office staff
- Being welcomed into the “Fringe Family!” Once you’re in, you’re a lifer.
Applications close November 4, 2016.