Due to the astounding success of the show, on which winner Tara-Jean Popowich from Alberta took home $100,000 and a new 2010 Mazda 3 Sport, CTV has ordered a third season of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA.
Season Three gives dancers across Canada another chance to earn the title of “Canada’s Favorite Dancer.” In fact Tara-Jean herself was eliminated in the first Season round of auditions. However she returned to become the winner of Season 3, proving true that persistence pays off in the end. “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again” – you never know what may happen!
The third season audition tour will start in Toronto on Saturday, November 14 in the John Bassett Theatre at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, on 255 Front St. West. View Map
Registration starts at 8 a.m.
SYTYCD Canada Season Three Audition Rules and Regulations
Competitors must follow the following rules to be eligible to audition for So You Think You Can Dance Canada Season Three:
- Competitors must be either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- All competitors must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Age 18-30: Competitors must be of the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside and no older than 30 yearsof age as of November 14, 2009. The age of majority is as follows: 18 years of age in Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Saskatchewan; and 19 years of age in British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut and Yukon.
- Bring ID: All competitors must provide two pieces of identification, including a government-issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s license or passport), at the audition.
- Fill out Forms: All competitors must bring with them, along with the proper ID, the signed personal release, the completed preliminary questionnaire, and the music sheet. All will be available at the audition site and for download at dance.ctv.ca.
- Bring CD: All competitors are asked to bring with them the completed music sheet indicating the music they will use in their audition, along with theCD containing the indicated music.
- No re-mixes: All songs must be “original” songs that are commercially available. A song must not be a re-mix of a song, a song downloaded from the Internet, or a competitor-created mix.
- No logos: Competitors will not be permitted to audition in any article of clothing with a visible designer, sports or other logo; artwork; name; photo; or other mark which may be subject to protection by copyright or trademark laws.
Competitors may bring a non-competing dance partner for purposes of the audition.
Other audition cities that have been confirmed are:
Saturday, November 28
Registration begins at 8 a.m.
Palais des Congres, Viger Hall
201 Avenue Viger Ouest
Metro Station: Place D’Armes
Saturday, December 5
Registration begins at 8 a.m.
The Centre in Vancouver for Performing Arts
777 Homer Street