Celebrate spring by dancing to Brazilian rhythms at the second Annual Brazilian Beat Canada Dance Congress! This festival is the biggest celebration of Brazilian dance in Canada.
The Congress is open to anyone who would like to learn and experience the different styles of Brazilian Dance. With a focus on the Brazilian Social dance styles, there will be seminars and workshops given by world renowned instructors during the day. Evening will bring breathtaking performances from international Brazilian dance companies in Samba no Pé, Samba de Gafieira, Zouk, Lambada, Forró, Brazilian Bolero, Afro-Brazilian, Afoxé, Samba Reggae and Capoeira.
Prices range from $20 for an evening to $225 for all workshops and events. An event not to be missed!
Brazilian Beat 2012 International Instructors and Speakers:
- Renata Peçanha & Jorge Peres (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) – Zouk and Samba de Gafieira
- Ana Arruda (Rio de Janeiro,Brazil) – Samba no Pe
- Marcelo Galvão (Salvador, Brazil) – Samba Reggae and Samba no Pé
- Forró Cabrueira (Salvador, Brazil) – Forró
- Ronny Dutra (Rio de Janeiro,Brazil) – Samba de Gafieira
- Samba Quebec (Quebec City, Canada) – Zouk
- Brazil Dance World (Toronto, Canada) – Zouk and Samba de Gafieira
- Adrianna Yannuziello (Toronto,Canada) – Afoxé
- Newton Moraes – FREE Seminar on Saturday!
- Mestre Marcio Mendes – FREE Seminar on Sunday!
Brazilian Beat 2012 Performers
ALL TEACHERS plus:
- Newton Moraes Dance Company
- P.O.S.E Dance Troupe
- The Dance Migration
- Mazouka Dance
- Soraya Dancing
- Brazil Dance World
Zouk Dance Competition
The event will close on Sunday night with Zouk Dance competition for both professional and amateur dancers. Contestants must enroll in advance.
Brazilian Beat 2012 Location
Most events will take place at the Ukrainian Hall near Christie subway Station in Toronto. However the opening party on Thursday April 26, 2012 will take place at Pacha Lounge and the pre-party will take place at Bavia Arts studio on Friday April 27th.