Toronto is set to celebrate the diverse and creative talents of Canadian and international salsa dancers this coming weekend October 6 to October 10, 2011.
To be held at the Sheraton Centre Hotel, the ninth annual Canada Salsa Congress will feature extraordinary performances, more than 35 workshops, live music and the DanceFeet Canadian Salsa Championships.
With intensive workshops, live music, stunning performances, competitions and parties, the annual Canada Salsa Congress is the largest salsa dance festival in Canada. “Salsa dancing is taking the world by storm,” says Jennifer Aucoin, producer of the Canada Salsa Congress. “The Canada Salsa Congress is an exciting event and important venue for those already passionate about salsa, and for those who wish to learn more about the dance. Last year we hosted more than 6,000 salsa lovers and we expect an even larger turnout this year. We look forward to providing the opportunity for professional dancers, beginner students, social dancers, choreographers, instructors and musicians to nurture their talent, celebrate their creativity and develop a deeper love and appreciation of salsa dancing.”
Event highlights include:
- Three days of more than 35 intensive salsa workshops (beginner to advanced levels) with top instructors from Canada, Puerto Rico, Italy, Mexico, Brazil, Sweden, Miami, New York, Boston and more.
- Over 60 electrifying dance performances by some of the world’s greatest salsa dance companies.
- Live salsa band performance by Ray de la Paz, from New York
- Four nights of sizzling salsa parties with dancing until 4 a.m.
- A concession area where attendees may purchase salsa-related products including shoes, clothing, music and instructional DVDs.
- For the first time ever .. a dedicated Bachata & Zouk room!
Canada Salsa Congress 2011 Location
Unlike last year, this year the Congress returns to the Sheraton Center at 123 Queen St West. Thursday night events will in the Dominion Ballroom, 2nd floor of hotel. Friday, Saturday & Sunday events take place in lower level of hotel in the Grand Ballroom.
Canada Salsa Congress 2011 Tickets
Tickets & pases can be bought in person at the registration booth, lower level, Sheraton Centre Hotel. The event does NOT sell out – it runs in the largest ballroom in Canada! Registration opens at 1pm on Friday and will remain open until 1am all weekend long. Each person must pick up their own pass in person – you cannot pick up a pass for a friend. Most passes are in the form of a wristband which must remain on at all times, all weekend long. Wristbands can withstand showering, sweating and dancing!
You can also get tickets online here.
Late night tickets (after 11pm) can only be bought at the door. Late night tickets allow people to attend the dancing portion of the event after the shows end (approx. 11pm). Dancing and parties run until 4am every night. Entrance to both the main Salsa ballroom and the Bachata & Zouk ballroom.
- Thursday Night Late Entrance: $15
- Friday Night Late Entrance: $20
- Saturday Night Late Entrance: $35 (includes concert with Ray de la Paz)
- Sunday Night Late Entrance: $20
For more information about the 2011 Canada Salsa Congress, including details about schedules, artists, competitions and passes, please visit www.canadasalsacongress.com.