The longest running event in Canada and one of the largest & most anticipated events in North America is back back for it’s 14th year October 6 – 10, 2016. The Canada Salsa & Bachata Congress (previously the Canada Salsa Congress) produced by Jennifer Aucoin of Steps Dance Studio, will bring an incredible line-up of 40 International artists, and 60 dance companies from around the world. There is something for all levels and all ages – something for everyone from beginner to master level, spectators, music lovers & social dancers.
Event highlights include:
- Three days of more than 40 intensive salsa workshops (beginner to advanced levels) with top instructors from Canada, Puerto Rico, the USA and around the world.
- Over 60 electrifying dance performances by some of the world’s greatest salsa dance companies.
- 40 of the Best Instructors in the World
- Beginner Bootcamps + Master Intensives
- 22 Hours of Social Dancing in 3 Ballrooms
- Grupo Alafia Choreography Intensive
- 10 DJs
- 20 Vendors
- 10th Annual Canadian Championships with Professional, Amateur & Pro-Am Heats & Showcases
Back at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel
The Canada Salsa Congress is again at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel, one of the country’s premiere luxury hotels. It’s home to two of the most beautiful ballrooms in Canada with wall-to-wall hardwood flooring for your dancing pleasure.
Guests of the Congress are encouraged to stay at the Hotel to take full advantage of all the workshops and activities during the Congress.
Canada Salsa Congress 2016 Tickets
Tickets & pases can be bought in person at the registration booth in the hotel. The event does NOT sell out – it runs in one of the the largest ballrooms in Canada! Registration opens at 1pm on Friday and will remain open until 1am all weekend long. Each person must pick up their own pass in person – you cannot pick up a pass for a friend. Most passes are in the form of a wristband which must remain on at all times, all weekend long. Wristbands can withstand showering, sweating and dancing!
Late night tickets (after 11pm) can only be bought at the door. Late night tickets allow people to attend the dancing portion of the event after the shows end (approx. 11pm). Dancing and parties run until 4am every night and run from $15 to $35 depending on the night you go.
For more information about the 2012 Canada Salsa & Bachata Congress, including details about schedules, artists, competitions and passes, please visit www.canadasalsacongress.com.