DanceTO (formerly the Toronto Dance Day Committee) is now accepting applications from artists to perform and teach at their launch event, Dance in Dundas Square, in May of 2011.
They seek representation from all forms of dance in the Toronto community, so if you do acrobatics, ballet, ballroom, b-boying, bollywood, clowning, cultural, contemporary, jazz, modern, musical theatre, street performance, or tap don’t hesitate to apply to be a part of the 2011 International Dance Day Celebrations.
They are looking for works that are upbeat, musical, colourful and eye catching, and works that will draw an audience in from across the square and works that would be able to be placed around the square so that not all the performances are on the stage but that there is literally dance happening all around the square.
How to apply:
- Information sheet with: Company & member names, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, and website
- A brief description of the choreography or workshop you plan to offer. We present short works between 5 and 15 minutes, and workshops may be between 15 to 30 minutes.
- Technical requirements (sound, power, etc.) and whether you would prefer the stage or an off-stage space.
- A brief biography and dance resume
- Recent reviews
- The work you will be presenting or a representative example of what you propose in DVD, VHS, or url for Youtube or on-line content. Materials will not be returned.
International Dance Day is a UNESCO designated day for celebrating dance and dance artists. People worldwide are encouraged to experience dance, whether it is dancing in the streets or going to see a live performance.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 28, 2011; Send your completed application package to:
DanceTO c/o The Dance Umbrella of Ontario
490 Adelaide Street West, #201
Toronto, ON M5V 1T2
E-mail inquiries to [email protected]
DanceTO was formerly called the Toronto Dance Day Committee. For more information on the committee and committee members, please contact Christine Moynihan at 416-504-6429 x 28 or [email protected]