Dancing Classrooms™ is a 10-week – 20 session social development program for 5th and 8th grade children that utilizes ballroom dancing as a vehicle to change the lives of not only the children who participate in the program but also the lives of the teachers and parents who support these children. Dancing Classrooms™ was the subject of the documentary ‘MAD HOT BALLROOM”, and the inspiration for the movie ‘TAKE THE LEAD’ with Antonio Banderas.
If you are an actor, dancer, educator or an individual who can command a room, engage children, and possess rhythm do not hesitate to apply!
- You have exemplary professional conduct and administrative skills
- excellent interpersonal abilities
- able to work in a team; able to work in a classroom
- have a generous spirit and a sense of humor
- and comfortable with travel throughout the Greater Toronto, and/or the Mississauga Brampton Peel areas. A car is a definite asset in the job.
Required Commitment: Minimum 2 days p/week ten week residency over 2 terms
DANCING CLASSROOMS TRAINING DATES:
- Saturday, November 12th & Sunday, November 13th, 2011
- Saturday, November 19th & Sunday November 20th 2011
- Saturday, December 3rd 2011
Training is 9:30AM to 5:00PM each day.
Training commitment is non-negotiable; please do not apply if you’re unable to commit to attending training.
DANCING CLASSROOMS BENEFIT GALA
If you are not interested in becoming a Dancing Classrooms teacher, but still would like to support this program, you are invited to attend the Dancing Classrooms Benefit Gala on December 1, 2011.