The Celtic Island Music Festival takes place on Saturday, September 15 (noon-10pm) on Toronto Island. The event is run by the organizing committee behind the St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
This annual celebration of Irish-Canadian culture features music and dance performances from the Old World and the New. The stage will be full all day with programming starting shortly after the doors open. From noon-4pm, there will be a large children’s play area with guaranteed fun for the young and the young at heart.
The Toronto Island BBQ & Beer Company is located beside the main ferry dock on Centre Island. It is fully licensed with a menu broad enough to suit every appetite. Vegetarian options are available.
The facility features a huge deck and multiple shaded areas for those who want to get out of the sun. There are several large covered areas in the case of poor weather. The event will go on rain or shine.
Programming will begin around 12:30pm. The day will be hosted by Hugo Straney with the final schedule being announced shortly before the event. The line-up will feature both modern and traditional performances including:
• 163 Pipes & Drums from Hamilton
• Graham School of Irish Dance
• Inez Hargaden & Elaine Ryan
• Michael O’Grady & The Craic Pipes
• Shreem Celtic Remixing
• The Cheery O’s
• Tiz McNamara
• Toronto Fire Pipes & Drums
• Available online and at the door (while quantities last)
• Advance tickets available here – https://bit.ly/2vCQGIW
• Adults $20 in advance and at the door after August 15
• Children under 12 free are free when accompanied by an adult
• Price inc. one hotdog, burger or cold treat (while quantities last)
• Transportation to the island not included in ticket price
• Centre Island ferry schedule – https://bit.ly/2xq2y2C
• Toronto Harbour Water Taxi – https://bit.ly/2O8VVaj
• No outside food or alcohol allowed
• ATM access on the island is limited so please bring cash
• Dress appropriately, as the island gets cooler in the evening
• Sorry, no pets will be allowed
Event Type: Festival
Celtic Island Music Festival will start on
Date: Sat Sep 15, 2018
Time: 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Click to add this event to your Google Calendar:
Toronto Island BBQ & Beer Company
Please check "WHAT" section for pricing.