The Aga Khan Museum’s annual Duende Flamenco Festival returns this year with seven days of workshops, film screenings, and live performances by award-winning artists from all over the world.
From lively dance performances by The National Ballet of Canada’s RBC Apprentice Program to masterful workshops led by world-class artists, this year’s celebration is our biggest yet. Pushing past the boundaries of tradition, you will be taken on an explorative journey through the fiery history and spirit of flamenco dance and music.
Check the schedule below for festival highlights and explore the daily schedules for more information about the performers and additional programs.
Sunday, November 13
- 6 pm | Duende: Ignite Your Passion Festival Opening Celebration | $80 | Reserve tickets
Tuesday, November 15
- 8 pm | Offsite event at 3030 Dundas West | Flamenco in the Six! by FabCollab | $35 | Reserve tickets
Wednesday, November 16
- 10:30 am | Singing Workshop (Cante Flamenco) with Vincente Gelo | $75 | Reserve tickets
- 12 pm | Flamenco Guitar Workshop with Gaspar Rodriguez | $75 | Reserve tickets
- 12 pm | Masterclass Dance Workshop with Isaac Tovar | $100 | Reserve tickets
- 8 pm | Qairo and TelaFlamenca by Compañia Carmen Romero | $45 | Reserve tickets
Thursday, November 17
- 10:30 am | Tech Workshop with José Amosa | $75 | Reserve tickets
- 12 pm | Flamenco Guitar Workshop with Santiago Lara | $75 | Reserve tickets
- 12:30 pm | Masterclass Dance Workshop with Mercedes Ruiz | $100 | Reserve tickets
- 8 pm | Añejo by Isaac Tovar | $50 | Reserve tickets
Friday, November 18
- 8 pm | Dual by Mercedes Ruiz and Santiago Lara | $60 | Reserve tickets
Saturday, November 19
- 8 pm | Seville in the Six! by FabCollab | $45 | Reserve tickets
Sunday, November 20
- 7 pm | Esperando el Alba by Benjamin Barrile and Festival Fiesta by FabCollab | Reserve tickets
The eighth annual Duende Flamenco Festival has been curated by Carmen Romero, the artistic director and principal dancer of Toronto’s Compañía Carmen Romero.
About Carmen Romero
Carmen Romero is an award-winning flamenco dance artist, performer, teacher, and producer. With a strong presence in the national and international dance scene, Romero has an unmatched talent for improvisation, choreography, and storytelling. Romero’s mesmerizing ability to create transcendent experiences on stage has won her countless awards and nominations. Aside from coaching Latin Pop star Shakira, she has received the Chalmers Award for the K.M. Hunter Emerging Artists Award, represented Canada at the 9th Annual Certamen de Coreografía de Danza Española y Flamenco in Madrid, and performed as a soloist in the International Castanet festival in Girona, Spain.
Founded by five of Toronto’s key performing artists and arts advocates, FabCollab is a music initiative that fosters artistic creation and collaboration. Their aim is to address the challenges faced in the music and arts community as a result of the pandemic and are committed to amplifying minority and underrepresented groups, particularly BIPOC and female-identifying artists.
For prices & detailed information visit the Festival’s website:
Event Type: Festival
Organiser: Aga Khan Museum
This event has finished. Duende Flamenco Festival 2022 starts on
Time: 10:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Click on the button below to add this event to your Google Calendar:
This event has a location.
Aga Khan Museum
Please check "WHAT" section for pricing.