Swing Toronto and Waltz Toronto present:
Swing, Waltz and Roaring 20s New Years Day Dances and Lessons at St Barnabas Hall!
Join us on New Years Day! Swing, Waltz and Roar into 2023!
No prior experience is needed. Absolute beginners are welcome
ROARING 20s TRAVELING PARTNER DANCES BEGINNER LESSON
– 2:10pm to 2:50pm
– Easy to learn. The fundamental step is just walking. Hugely popular in the 1920s, unlimited possibilities, good for music from slow to fast.
SHORT ROARING 20s DANCE
– 3pm to 3:30pm
VIENNESE WALTZ BEGINNER LESSON
– 3:30pm to 4:30pm.
– Traditional Viennese Waltz, popular since the early 19th century, done around the world, easy-to-learn, and maybe the most romantic partner dance of all.
WALTZ DANCE 4:40pm to 6pm
LINDY HOP BEGINNER LESSON
– 6:15pm to 7:15pm.
– The joyful classic Swing Dance done around the world.
SWING DANCE PARTY 7:30pm to 10:30pm featuring VIPERS CLOUD! Quintet.
Vipers Cloud is a an excellent Swing band led by Nat Beja.
Prices (HST included)
– $40 for everything 2pm to 10:30pm ($30 for full-time students with ID)
– $20 for the evening only, 6:15pm to 10:30, Lindy Hop lesson and Swing Dance featuring Vipers Cloud ($15 for full-time students)
– $25 for the afternoon only, 2pm to 6pm, ($20 for full-time students)
– $20 for Waltz only 3:30pm to 6pm ($15 for full-time students)
– $10 for the Waltz Dance only, 4:40pm to 6pm.
For supper, there are restaurants on the Danforth. For those who prefer to bring a “pic-nic” (no alcohol) for supper, tables and chairs will be available for that.
Event Type: Click to Select
This event has finished. New Years Day Swing, Waltz & Roaring 20s Dances & Lessons! starts on
Time: 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Click on the button below to add this event to your Google Calendar:
This event has a location.
St. Barnabas Hall
Please check "WHAT" section for pricing.