Canada’s National Ballet School and partners invite you to join the nation’s biggest dance party to celebrate Canada’s 150th with … Sharing Dance Canada 2017!
Sharing Dance Day Schedule:
- 12-2pm: As a field trip destination, Sharing Dance Day for children and youth will host free, open dance workshops and performances by both professional and student dance groups. It’s a can’t-miss event for schools!
- 2-4pm: Take part with the young-at-heart as they get their groove on! Join free, open dance workshops for all, and watch performances by some of Toronto’s most active seniors’ groups.
- 4-6pm: Witness a community come together to perform the Sharing Dance Canada 2017 choreography. The evening wouldn’t be complete without spectacular workshops and performances. Stay tuned for a full list of performers!
This exciting event will include:
- Community performance presentations of the 2017 choreography
- Community participants and partner organizations will perform the choreography in front of a large public crowd multiple times over the course of the event; hundreds of dancers expected at each Signature Official Event
- Free open dance classes reflecting various dance forms
- Professional dance performances
- Partner activity booths
- Activities will engage the whole family
- An MC and other special guests
- Social media activation
- Videographer to capture the event
This year, four Canadian choreographers have collaborated to give voice and movement to a unique work that embodies and celebrates Canada’s diversity and artistic identity. Choreographers include Kimberley Cooper (Calgary), Eugene Baffoe (Winnipeg), Tracee Smith (Toronto) and Roger Sinha (Montreal).
Learn more at sharingdance.ca about how to join FREE dance rehearsals leading up to our June 2nd event at Yonge and Dundas Square. Bring your friends, family, and neighbors and DANCE!
Event Type: Open House / Free Event
Organiser: Canada's National Ballet School
This event has finished. Sharing Dance Day at Dundas Square starts on
Time: 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Click on the button below to add this event to your Google Calendar:
This event has a location.
Yonge Dundas Square