Salsa on St. Clair is Canada’s largest Latino-themed festival, having attracted over 1 million salsa lovers to the streets of Toronto since its launch in 2005. The 2010 Salsa on St. Clair Festival will take place Saturday July 17 from noon to 11pm and Sunday July 18 from noon to 9pm.
Don’t miss this summer’s hottest street party! Join in on the parade of fun as midtown Toronto’s Hillcrest Village, between Winona Drive and Christie Street will be transformed into a showcase of Latin life.
This FREE family street party celebrating Toronto’s Latin cultures transforms midtown Toronto between Winona Drive and Christie Street into a showcase of Latin life: pulsating music, passionate dancing, fiery foods, a Latin market, a children’s area and much more.
Latin Dance Hotspots
Several Toronto Salsa dance companies will be stationed at different “hotspots” throughout the festival, where they will be giving dance lessons and demonstrations all day starting at noon. Below is a video from of one of the Hot Spots from last year:
Dance To Live studio owners Paula Videla and Jose Rodriquez, as well as their students Steven Lopez and Jena Alma, current Canadian salsa champions, give lessons and demonstrations.
Dance Hotspot Schedule
- Dance To Live: near Winona Drive, Saturday (see video above)
- Latin Energy: near Winona Drive, Sunday
- Steps Dance: near Rushton, Saturday and Sunday
- Latin Grooves: near Arlington, Saturday and Sunday
See the map below for the locations of these dance hotspots!
Dance Performances at Salsa on St. Clair Main Stage
As well as some prominent Latin bands including SalsAfrica, Roberto Linares Brown, Café Cubano, and Aché, several prominent Salsa dance companies will perform on the main stage between Greensides Avenue and Arlington Avenue. The dance performance schedule is as follows:
Saturday July 17
- 2:45 – 3:00pm, 9:00 – 9:30pm Steps Dance Studio (Jennifer Aucoin)
- 4:00 – 4:15pm Latin Groove Productions (Oscar Naranjo)
- 5:15 – 5:30pm, 7:45 – 8:00pm Dance to Live (Paula Videla-Rodriguez)
Sunday July 18
- 2:50 – 3:10pm, 7:30 – 7:50pm Latin Groove Productions (Oscar Naranjo)
- 5:10 – 5:30pm Latin Energy (Vanessa Stay)
- 6:20 – 6:40pm Steps Dance Studio (Jennifer Aucoin)
Salsa on St. Clair Location and Map
The Salsa on St. Clair Festival will take place on the street of St. Clair Avenue West between Christie Street and Winona Drive. This section of St. Clair Avenue will be closed to vehicles during the festival.
View Salsa on St. Clair 2010 Map in a larger map
The best way to access the festival is by TTC since there is very limited parking in areas close to the festival. Take the 512 street car west-bound from St. Clair or St. Clair West subway stations.