Last week’s episodes of “So You Think You Can Dance Canada” decided what five male dancers and five female dancers would comprise the top 10 and partake in the So You Think You Can Dance tour that will follow the show.
Four Toronto dancers have made the top ten!
From the women, contemporary dancer Melanie Mah from Richmond Hill remains on the show, and from the men, we have Austin Di Lulio from Mississauga, who has lost three partners so far. The video below (taken prior to the show) displays the extreme athleticism that might explain why he has persisted even though he was at risk for elimation three times!
Besides Austin, two other men from the Toronto area remain in the competition: Cody Bonnell, a Hip Hop dancer from Unionville, and Everett Smith, a tap dancer from Glen Morris, Ontario.
The 10 Dancers of the Next So You Think You Can Dance Tour
- Amy Gardner, 21, Calgary, Alta.
- Austin Di Iulio, 20, Mississauga, Ont.
- Cody Bonnell, 19, Unionville, Ont.
- Emanuel Sandhu, 28, Vancouver, B.C.
- Everett Smith, 25, Glen Morris, Ont.
- Jayme Rae Dailey, 21, Montreal, Que.
- Kim Gingras, 24, Montreal, Que.
- Melanie Mah, 19, Richmond Hill, Ont.
- Tara-Jean Popowich, 20, Lethbridge, Alta.
- Vincent Desjardins, 20, Trois-Rivières, Que.
Read more about the top 10 dancers that will make up the next So You Think You Can Dance Canada travelling tour here.
Tune in to CTV at 8pm Tuesday September 29 to watch performances by these four Toronto dancers and the other remaining 10 dancers of So You Think You Can Dance Canada Season 2.
If you want to keep the Toronto dancers on the show, vote for them! The winner of the show will take home CDN $100,000.00. The winner and runner-up will drive away in a new 2010 Mazda 3 Sport.