After an edgy jazz-rock group number choregraphed by Melissa Williams which had the top 14 dancing about love and rumours to Adele’s “Rumour Has It”, the judges revealed that it was CARLENA Britch, a Hip-Hop dancer from Vancouver and JP Dubé, a Hip-Hop dancer from Montreal, who were going home from SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA this week.
The dancers who successfully performed their solos were GEISHA Chin, a Contemporary dancer from Toronto, JOEY Arrigo, a Contemporary dancer from Newmarket, YULIYA Zavadska, a Ballroom dancer from Toronto, and SHANE Simpson, a Jazz dancer from Thornhill.
Yuliya’s real-life dance partner, Sharone Levit, who himself had made the finals week earlier in the season, released a huge sigh of relief when his tiny svelte co-competitor saved herself from elimination this week with a ferocious Latin solo.
So You Think You Can Dance Canada Top 12
The following dancers remain in the show to compete for the prize of $100,000 and the title of Canada’s Favorite Dancer:
- ADAM LoPapa (19), a Jazz dancer from Woodbridge, ON
- CHRISTIAN Millette (28), a Ballroom dancer from Montreal, QC
- DENITSA Ikonomova (24), a Ballroom dancer from Laval, QC
- FRANÇOIS Pruneau (26), a Ballroom dancer from Trois-Rivières, QC
- GEISHA Chin (19), a Contemporary dancer from Toronto, ON
- JOEY Arrigo (19), a Contemporary dancer from Newmarket, ON
- JORDAN Clark (19), a Contemporary dancer from Tottenham, ON
- LINDSAY Leuschner (19), a Contemporary dancer from Stouffville, ON
- MATT Marr (20), a Contemporary from Quispamsis, NB
- MELISSA Mitro (23), a Contemporary dancer from Richmond Hill, ON
- SHANE Simpson (24), a Jazz dancer from Thornhill, ON
- YULIYA Zavadska (29), a Latin dancer from Toronto, ON
Next week, on Monday, August 15 at 8 p.m. on CTV, these top 12 dancers will work with choreographers Sabrina Matthews, Sean Cheesman, Sho-tyme and SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA alumni Danny Arbour and Francis Lafreniere and Claudia Primeau. They will be judged by Jean Marc Genereux, Tré Armstrong, Luther Brown, Blake McGrath, and guest judge Mary Murphy.
For anyone who missed tonight’s SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA Results show, an encore airs on MuchMusic Friday, August 12 at 7 p.m. Weekly encores of the Performance and Results shows air back-to-back Fridays at 7 p.m. on MuchMusic.