Following the Top 20 Performance show, the votes were tallied and it was announced yesterday on CTV that LAUREN Lyn (24), a Salsa dancer from Toronto, and RODRIGO Basurto (26), a Hip-Hop dancer from Toronto, would be saying goodbye to SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA. The results were revealed live during Tuesday’s broadcast after host Leah Miller revealed the three couples with the lowest number of votes. The 18 remaining dancers will take to the stage on Monday, July 25 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV (go to ctv.ca to confirm local listings).
The bottom three couples who performed their solos for Canada this week were CARLENA Britch (20), a Hip-Hop and Locking dancer from Vancouver, BC and Dwayne “BONELESS” Gulston (23), a Hip-Hop and Popping dancer from Toronto, ON who performed a Dancehall routine; DENITSA Ikonomova (24), a Ballroom dancer from Laval, QC and JP Dubé (19), a Hip-Hop dancer from Montreal, QC who danced a Jive routine; and LAUREN and RODRIGO who lit up the stage with a Hip-Hop routine. Following the reveal, each dancer had the opportunity to dance for their lives before the judges deliberated and decided that LAUREN and RODRIGO would be the next two dancers eliminated from the competition.
Opening last night’s show was a Bollywood group number by Slumdog Millionaire choreographer Longinus Fernandes, who was assisted by Season 2 winner Tara-Jean Popowich. Dressed in brightly coloured costumes, the Top 20 performed a high-energy routine full of intricate movements to “Hadippa” by Pritam & Mika Singh.
Performing next week on Monday, July 25 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV in front of judges Jean Marc Genereux, Tré Armstrong and Luther Brown as well as guest judge and Season 1 winner Nico Archambault are:
- ADAM LoPapa (19), a Jazz dancer from Woodbridge, ON
- CARLENA Britch (20), a Hip-Hop and Locking dancer from Vancouver, BC
- CHRISTIAN Millette (28), a Ballroom dancer from Montreal, QC
- DENITSA Ikonomova (24), a Ballroom dancer from Laval, QC
- Dwayne “BONELESS” Gulston (23), a Hip-Hop and Popping dancer from Toronto, ON
- FRANÇOIS Pruneau (26), a Ballroom dancer from Trois-Rivières, QC
- GEISHA Chin (19), a Contemporary dancer from Toronto, ON
- JOEY Arrigo (19), a Contemporary dancer from Newmarket, ON
- JORDAN Clark (19), a Contemporary dancer from Tottenham, ON
- JP Dubé (19), a Hip-Hop dancer from Montreal, QC
- KEVIN Howe (22), a Contemporary dancer from Ottawa, ON
- LINDSAY Leuschner (19), a Contemporary dancer from Stouffville, ON
- MATT Marr (20), a Contemporary from Quispamsis, NB
- MELISSA Mitro (23), a Contemporary dancer from Richmond Hill, ON
- SHANE Simpson (23), a Jazz dancer from Thornhill, ON
- SHELAINA Anderson (20), a Contemporary dancer from Edmonton, AB
- TEYA Wild (23), a Hip-Hop dancer from North Vancouver, BC
- YULIYA Zavadska (29), a Latin dancer from Toronto, ON
Next week, the Top 18 will work with choreographers Blake McGrath, Melissa Williams, Sabrina Matthews, Mandy Moore, Sho-Tyme, Longinus Fernandes, Gustavo Vargas, Lil C, and Season 1 alumni Natalli Reznik (from Toronto) and Francis Lafreniere.
For anyone who missed last night’s SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA Results show, an encore airs on MuchMusic Friday, July 22 at 7 p.m. Weekly encores of the Performance and Results shows air back-to-back Fridays at 7 p.m. on MuchMusic.