The Palais Royale Ballroom, a beloved landmark and historical treasure, will be hosting a special Valentine’s Day performance by the Glenn Chipkar & Swing Shift Big Band Orchestra on Saturday February 11, 2023.
The Palais Royale Ballroom, built in 1922, is also celebrating its 100th anniversary! The treasured landmark has been a popular venue for various events, including music performances, dances, and weddings. The ballroom boasts a large dance floor, a stage, and a beautiful art deco design, making it the perfect setting for a big band orchestra Valentine’s day dinner dance. Watch a video tour of the Palais Royale below:
Glenn Chipkar & The Swing Shift Big Band Orchestra, one of Canada’s premier big band orchestras, is led by renowned jazz musician and arranger Jim John. The band consists of 18 talented musicians who specialize in playing swing, jazz, and big band music. They have performed at numerous venues across Canada and have received critical acclaim for their dynamic and lively performances. Below is a video from another event that will give you an idea of what the evening will have in store!
Attendees can expect to hear classic swing and big band hits from the 1920s and 1930s, as well as some of Chipkar’s own arrangements. The orchestra will be backed by a troupe of great singers, making for a truly immersive and entertaining experience.
This is a unique opportunity to experience live music in a historic and beautiful setting on Valentine’s Day!
- 3-course dinner and show
- Dancing to the classic big band era of the Swing Shift Big Band
- Reserved seating on a first come first served basis
- Doors open to guests 6:00pm
- Dinner 7:00pm sharp includes show: Romantic songs by Vivianna & Glenn
- Big Band 8:00pm
- Sweet Potato Purée, Smoky Croutons, Maple Foam
- Chicken Supreme, Vine Tomatoes, Baby Bell Peppers, Baby Carrots, Lemon-Pepper Potatoes, Rosemary Demi OR
- Vegan/Vegetarian option Grilled Polenta & Portobello Pave, Seasonal Vegetables, Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Classic New York Style Cheesecake, Berry Compote
Cash Bar / Wheelchair Accessible / Free Parking (in lot directly in front of venue)